View Single Post
Old 09-21-2011, 06:56 AM
aborning

Originally Posted by quilter53
Which long arm quilter do you suggest for home use and maybe for a few outside quilts? So many to choose from and so expensive.
I have a Tin Lizzie 18LS that I bought new and have been using since January of 2011. I, like you, was buying my first machine and knew I wanted an 18" throat, but yet did not want to spend a lot of money, not knowing how much I would use it and not knowing how much skill I would have at doing the freehand quilting. I bought it for my own little hobby. I did not want to buy a high $ machine for this. So I bought th Tin Lizzie, which was affordable for me, and have had good luck with it. I have had to get an encoder replaced but otherwise it has been a good machine. It has a stitch regulator, and a 12' table so I can do large quilts. I have started quilting for customers and am just going to be listing my machine for sale very soon as I am moving up to a macine with a longer throat now. I am located in MN and if you live anywhere near here, and want to come and look at my machine, I can give you a demo and you can play with it. When I was looking for my first quilting machine a year ago, I only wnated to spend around 4or $5000. Well, it is hard to find a used 18" quilting machine for that unless they are really old or don't have a stitch regulator. Then I found the new Tin Lizzie with special pricing so I was able to pursue that. Now, because I have been fortunate to be skilled enoughat the freestyle quilting, and have started quilting for customers, I am at the point where I want to move on to a larger throat and am going to be selling my Tin Lizzie. If you are interested, or have any questions about the Tin Lizzie, please PM me.