View Single Post
Old 09-21-2011, 11:25 AM
auniqueview

I am very allergic to bees, more so since when we moved down here, I was stung the night before we moved by a wasp, and ended up having to stop in Gulfport for treatment. We made it down here, then I had to return to St. Louis on a turn around. I was walking thru the gangway between the houses and was attacked by three yellow jackets. YIKES! Being on the meds already helped, but OMG. Docs said to beware of the bees from then on, because they could be fatal.

So, of course we had a heavy bee infestation in the three big fir trees right in front of my front door. I couldn't leave the house by the front at all, and was in fear for my life. We called a bee keeper to see if he could come get them. He told us to get Dawn lemon dishsoap and put it in the lawn sprayer and spray the trees. We did, and the bees fell out and died. We hated to do it, but it was them or me.

I was driving thru town one day and two bees flew into the car window, right at me. I threw it in park and leaped out, lol. A nice man got them out for me. I really should carry an epipen.