Old 09-21-2011, 12:37 PM
MrsBoats

Originally Posted by miriam
Wow! Is it small?- it looks something like a Necchi or an Elna or a Kenmore/ Jaguar... but it's made in Japan. I think I would have the time of my life playing with it. I think the manual or someone who has one would be a lot of help. I'm wondering how it comes apart - it appears seamless... Have you gotten it to do any of the stitches?
It's not small, but it's got the same odd shape the green monster Elna's have. Turns out there was a reason for that. Google Leon Jolson; the first two hits that come up are obits, but tell the guy's story pretty thoroughly. The article a few down from that, from a 1952 Time magazine was pretty interesting too.

I've only sewed paper with it so far, and I can't get the zigzag to zigzag. I'm still working on it, but this may be beyond my amateur abilities. Which is unfortunate-I've got skirts that need hemmed, and a new toy to play with! I'm taking the other one I bought (a Cavalier) to my osmg tomorrow; I'll take this one too and hope it's a fast and easy fix.

Why this looks like and Elna, and has the Necchi feed dog drop.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]260262[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-260209.jpe