Old 09-21-2011, 03:24 PM
dd

My first one was counted cross stitch baby animals I used for every other block and tied the corners. Didn't know what I was doing. That was for my first baby. When she was in first grade I took a class on hand piecing and quilting and made an Ohio star. The teacher told us when we were finished piecing, the next class she would show us how to make a pillow out of it. I just laughed. I told her, politely, that I knew how to make a pillow and I wouldn't be at the next class. I was going to make a quilt. She kinda laughed at me and said well if that's what you want. It took me 5 years to finish the quilt, all by hand, from scraps. When my daughter was in high school, I found out this same lady was the attendance secretary at school. I took it to school one day, introduced myself and told her about the quilt. She ripped it out of my hands and ran into the hallway to see who was out there that she could show it to. She then went over to the main office and showed it to all of them. She was so excited. That really made the wait worth it. Oh, you bet I still have it.