Old 09-21-2011, 04:55 PM
gailmitchell

Great service from Bora Bora. It sounds like I need to go there sometime. Right after I send this message, I am going to look it up on a map. I am in fact trying to decide on a winter get-away.

Any, at the suggestion of the previous comment, I did try the UPS calculator and the fee was not much different than the Fedex quote. I am positive that there is a minimum brokerage fee that is charged by couriers for processing the paperwork.

This Hotel where I forgot my package is part of the Princess Cruiseline chain, and they have documented procedures that this clerk must follow. They will only send lost/forgotten goods back to their customers by trackable couriers..

I did ask if they would just send USPS, and I will take the risk of the USPS loosing the package, but they are not allowed.

So, it will be a small windfall for a quilter in Fairbanks, if I can find one.

Originally Posted by MTS
If you still want it, you can print out the label and send it to them to attach to a flat rate envelope.

Again, it's your business, but that is one useless hotel clerk.

Wastes time going to the FedEx office but can't figure out how to use USPS.

If you want some help with the label and the stupid little green form he has to send include, I'd be more than happy to help you.

Ridiculous.

Sorry that you won't get to enjoy your fabrics. ;-)

As an aside-
I once left my lovely linen blazer on the chair at breakfast in a hotel.
We got up quickly to grab a cab to the airport.
I called the hotel from the airport when I realized I had left it there.
Took my address and mailed it back to me in NYC.
From Bora Bora.
Wouldn't take a penny for the postage.