View Single Post
Old 09-21-2011, 06:01 PM
collady

Earlier in the week, someone posted a question about making a top with a jelly roll. Here is one that I did yesterday morning and this afternoon. From each strip cut 2 2 1/2" squares, 3 4 1/2" strips, 2 6 1/2" strips and 1 8 1/2" strip. Select four different strips for each block. (One strip will make half the inner portion of one block and half the outer portion of another block.) Sew the four 2 1/2" squares together. Take one of the 4 1/2" inch strips and sew it to the side away from its matching 2 1/2" square. Sew one of the other color 4 1/2" strip one the opposite side from its 2 1/2" square. Sew the remaining 4 1/2" strips to each other in pairs of opposite colors. Then sew them to the top and bottom of the block so that the colors match, forming a frame around the center block. Then take the 8 1/2" inch strips and sew them on opposite their center color 2 1/2" squares. The take the 6 1/2" strips and sew them together in a similar manner as the 4 1/2" Hope this works for whomever was wanting it. It should make a 4 block by 5 block throw. ( I cut some wrong and ended up 4 blocks by 4 blocks. So I took my mis-cut strips and cut them into 2 1/2" squares and pieced them around the outside.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-260364.jpe   attachment-260365.jpe