View Single Post
Old 09-21-2011, 07:07 PM
Dina

I am glad you didn't agree to do it. She probably just didn't know any better, but still.....

I told four of my friends that I would make them quilts if they bought the fabric, batting, and backing. They all jumped at the chance, and they only half believed me when I told them it would not be a cheap thing to do. They believe now. :) These are all teachers in my English Dept. at a junior high.

We met for lunch, and then went to a fabric store. Each bought the fabric and sent it home with me. THEN they told me they wanted me to give them all their quilts at the same time. I told them to be patient. It has been three months, and I am almost finished with the 4th. Two of them have seen pictures of their finished quits, but the other two want a real surprise. I sure hope they like the finished products!!

Okay, so I got way off subject here. Sorry, but it is sort of exciting, and they did learn the cost of a quilt. They actually said they would pay me to quilt them, but I told them I wanted to do them...plus, when I told them how long it would take to make each quilt, and they did the math at minimum wages....well they understood quilts a lot better.

Plus it was fun.