View Single Post
Old 09-21-2011, 07:44 PM
Gramie bj

Tomarrow the 22 is the first day of a 10 day shop hop for our area. we are very spread out 12 shops in all I will leave here on the 23 at 7AM to get to one of the farest by 9 when all the shops open. By the time I get back home I will have driven aprox 460 miles and hit 5 or 6 shops A passport is a slip of paper with the name of all shops involved. At each shop our passport will be stamped, we will be given a pattern for a block (part of the quilt). The Quilt was designed by one of the shops in the hop. At our first stop we can get a picture of the finished quilt. At each shop we will sign up for a gift basket drawing from that shop. Shops will have demos going on all day with coffee and cookies for visitors. After we have visited all the shops we will have the pattern for an orignial quilt, signed up for 12 drawings, turn in our passports for a drawing- Grand prize new sewing machine, and lots of other goodies. I always take along fabric samples that I need to match for future projects. We take lots of water, snacks and a pick-nick lunch It is a lot of talking, driving, and fun for all involved. My car will be full I drive a Prius avg. 48 real miles per gallon. everone chips in on gas