Thread: tying quilts
View Single Post
Old 09-22-2011, 02:56 AM
capucine

I, like you have trouble with the quilting and that put me off when i think of finishing a quilt it's my nightmare i have never tied a quilt before but would love to try and maybe finish a couple of quilt that's just laying. Maybe you can show how you tie yours? I would love to know how it's done, i am about to start a single bed quilt for my 7 year old grand daughter who has put in an order and has even design one on my quilt wizard:) with lots of squares and triangles God help me when I will start cutting and sewing:)

Originally Posted by mnmgirl
Good morning....... I just wanted to know something. I have seen some beautiful quilts here, and am put to shame. I am a recent quilter, but my hands will not let me hand sew my quilts. I have tried to machine sew and it has ruined two quilts. So, I ended up tying my quilts. I have 7 quilts that are tyed.,and they came out fine. I would like to know how yall feel about tying them. I just feel inadequate about sewing them and i can't afford to have them quilted. So please give me some feedback......I will post pics soon..