View Single Post
Old 09-22-2011, 03:17 AM
mhollifiel

Tisha,

First off, we have all got to stop seeing ourselves as crafters and start realizing that much of what we do is ART. I took the time to look at some of your postings of your work and you definitely are an artist and how you do it with your houseful of children (two year old twins, YIKES!) and husband away should stop anyone from asking you to do anything!!

Secondly, who has the nerve to ask even a tradesman (not to sell these folks short by any means) to do something and name their price?? Would you have an electrician replace a panel box and tell him or her how much you will pay? GET REAL? Try it and see how far you get!!

Finally, I don't care who this person is. My mother had an expression for this kind of behavior: "Consider the source." This may be a supposedly nice person but she has some nerve. Mama would have "killed her with kindness" but left her completely alone otherwise, if you know what I mean.

OK, that's my three cents. Make the kids some brownies and forget this ever came up.