View Single Post
Old 09-22-2011, 04:50 AM
Edie

Do you remember the WKRP in Cincinnati show where the guy says "As God is my witness, I did not know turkeys could not fly", as he had dumped a bunch of live turkeys out of a helicopter for Thanksgiving?

Same premise: As God is my witness, I did not know baby chicks could not swim like the baby ducks could. I put them in the little pool so they wouldn't be left out of the fun. Grandpa found them all, drown-ded!!!!!! He didn't holler, he just explained why chicks don't swim. Duhhh, no webbed feet!!!!!

Same farm, same Grandpa and Grandma. Mama Ewe had a little black lamb - we named him Sammy. Fed the little critter, chased around with him. Time to come home from Waterloo, Wisconsin to St. Paul, Minnesota. Later that Fall, Grandpa and Grandma came to visit. We were all sitting around the table talking about school and fun and stuff. Grandma says "How do you like the supper?" "It's good, Grandma." "I'm glad you like it - it's Sammy!

I turned 73 years old on Monday and to this day I cannot eat lamb! I was about 7! He was such a cute little black lamb!

Edie