Old 09-22-2011, 05:49 AM
JoanneS

Glue and adhesive basting are the biggest timesavers I've learned here. And I had never even heard about using starch before. Now I wouldn't start cutting without it. I bought my Accuquilt Go because members sang its praises - and now I'm shouting its praises! Biggest timesaver of all - and accurate beyond words!

I didn't like the Dear Jane quilt until the DJ Christmas exchange, and I love it now! And I have a DJ Christmas quilt of my very own. I also have enough Black and White blocks from that exchange to make 2 quilts - currently UFOs. I made a OBW - and plan to make more - probably would never have heard of them without the Board.

I usually make quilts to be gifts, so I take a picture for my scrapbook and send the quilt off to the giftee. Before I found this board, I rarely showed the quilts to anyone. Now I post a picture and within minutes I'm getting praise! It's a wonderful feeling! We are all so supportive of each other.

I continue to be amazed and delighted with the talent I see in pictures posted here. People don't seem to realize how talented they are! I love all the pictures - from newbies who are just beginning their journey into the quilt world - to those who are posting a picture of their 100th quilt. All are wonderful.

I love the way we gather to encourage a member who needs help - lots of prayers go out from this board.