View Single Post
Old 09-22-2011, 05:52 AM
DeMaris

I've watched Sharon's video a time or two...I will watch it few more. I just hate to bind. The gadget takes your binding strips and fold them in half and in half again for a 1/2 finished bind all the way around. I just don't like the hand sewing part of it. I am ok with the rest....just don't like to hand sew it is too much like sewing and not quilting....LOL.....just my opinion.

I don't sew anything....I piece fabric....so I only quilt....I was never good at sewing patterns in school or there after so I gave it up. I'm sure now that I know what I am doing, I could figure it out and make some pretty stuff...but the only pretty stuff I want to make is quilts....quilts and more quilts....LOL.

Thanks, I'll watch her video again right now..

DeMaris

Originally Posted by AFQSinc
I don't have a Janome but I Googled the set to see it. It looks like it only does single fold binding. Like bias tape. Personally, I would only bind a mini or maybe a wallhanging with single fold binding. I just don't think single fold will hold up to alot of the use that well-loved quilts get.

This is the link that I looked at:
http://janomelife.wordpress.com/2010...-quilt-binder/

I used to hate binding too. And I was terrible at it. But I used somne of Sharon Schambers techniques and a few others and now I actually kind of enjoy it and they look much better. I would keep practicing. It will come.