View Single Post
Old 09-22-2011, 09:13 AM
Somerset Val

Originally Posted by tealfalcon
I just had to come here where you all would understand....I had this lady ask me today about making her a table runner....she wants the spicy spiral table runner or one with stars...every time she comes over she oos and aahs over my quilts. So i told her i would be more then happy to make her one....here is the kicker...she wants to pay 12.00....ummm there isnt any way to make it for 12.00 unless i am wrong, if someone knows something i dont please fill me in....She is a pastor's wife...not at my church and a very sweet lady but i just cant do it for that price...when i told her i couldnt do it for that price she acted like she was offended...so what am i supposed to do? just give in an do it for that? anyways just had to get that out and hope that some of you can relate
People who don't quilt have no idea as to the cost of fabric and the amount of time involved in cutting and piecing even before you get to the quilting! Explain to her gently exactly what is involved - the cost of the fabric; the hours involved. I'm sure she will understand if you go into detail. I think it's just ignorance that produces this reaction. My sister is a craft person but doesn't do patchwork and quilting. She had no idea of the cost involved until i explained it all to her!