View Single Post
Old 09-22-2011, 10:10 AM
Maia B

Originally Posted by PS Stitcher
I have the 440QE with the BSR and LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it!! Now I don't have the quilting frame so I am afraid I can't help out with that but I would HIGHLY recommend the 440QE!!
I also love my Berninas, though I'm just getting into FMQ. I just wanted to say that the 820 is $6500, not $10K like the 830, which is the TOL sewing AND embroidery machine. I got mine for $7100 with the frame (made by the Grace Co, sells for over $2000), on a no-interest for 48 mos promo, so $162/mo. Yes, a 9" Juki straight stitcher on a frame would have been less expensive. But the 820 is also the TOL non-embroidery sewing machine. For me, the 820 was a great value, as it's a luxury, high-performance sewing machine, has the BSR, built-in dual feed, larger bobbin capacity, 12" harp, and can be used on or off the frame. I haven't put it on the frame yet, just working to "master" it now. I'm telling y'all what it costs because so many people assume it costs as much as the 830. PLEASE no comments about how it costs as much as your car, etc, it cost much more than my car. I earn it (I'm a nurse, BUHlieve me, I earn it), I spend it. I give to charity, pay taxes, support my family, etc. I just want to let other quilters know what's available out there. Just one fabulous option :)