Old 09-22-2011, 11:27 AM
nclauri

I am thinking of making a quilt for Relay for Life to Raffle off. I would like a pattern on the front and thought of sectioning the back off somehow and selling squares for people to sign In Memory of or In Honor of someone they know who has had cancer, who is battling cancer or who is a cancer survivor. This way money is coming in for the sentiment and also the raffle.

A few questions. Do you think this idea will bring in more money than the quilt will cost to make? I do not have a stash and I don't mind buying the materials, but I want to make sure I use my money wisely. Would be more benefit to just donate the money directly? Second, what would make a good quilt for this type of raffle? And do you think it would be better for the people to write their In Memory of or In Honor on the front of the quilt (which will make a difference on the pattern chosen) or on the back where more people can sign?

I know a lot of you make donation quilts. Would you mind posting your photos and how much the quilt brought it to the charity, if you know it.

Any advise, tips, helps are welcomed. Thank you!!