View Single Post
Old 09-22-2011, 12:22 PM
2ursula

Originally Posted by tealfalcon
I just had to come here where you all would understand....I had this lady ask me today about making her a table runner....she wants the spicy spiral table runner or one with stars...every time she comes over she oos and aahs over my quilts. So i told her i would be more then happy to make her one....here is the kicker...she wants to pay 12.00....ummm there isnt any way to make it for 12.00 unless i am wrong, if someone knows something i dont please fill me in....She is a pastor's wife...not at my church and a very sweet lady but i just cant do it for that price...when i told her i couldnt do it for that price she acted like she was offended...so what am i supposed to do? just give in an do it for that? anyways just had to get that out and hope that some of you can relate
When it comes to manual labour (like quilting) people immediately turn things upside down:
Do you go to a store and tell the manager: "I am willing to pay you $ 2.00 for this piece of meat?"

The pastor's wife obviously is an adult and should know how the world works. She probably would not tell her tax accountant how much she is willing to pay him!

BTW, here is the answer to "Let's go to the store and get the materials":
"Oh, I thought you could just use some of your odds and ends!"