Thread: Our new Puppy
View Single Post
Old 09-22-2011, 12:52 PM
damaquilts

Originally Posted by jrhboxers
Originally Posted by BrandyMcCoy
Our Presa Canario loves him and tip toes around him because she is huge 98lbs and he is soooo tiny 3lbs.
You will probably be surprised at how gentle she is with him.

My male Boxer always insisted on helping me with the orphan newborn kittens. He is 85# and a big boy and they were usually about 2oz. They were so tiny that he couldn't pick them up by the scruff of the neck, so he would just pick them up by the head. And they never struggled or anything. Instinctively, they never that he would never harm them.

It was so funny when the older kittens would be getting into trouble - or at least he thought they were - and he would pick them up by the heads, bring them to me and drop them at my feet. The only issue then was that they were slimmed and would have to take the rest of the day getting clean again.

Congrats on your new baby. Nothing ever replaces the ones that we lose. We just open our hearts a little more to let a new one in.

He is so cute and I just love the picture of the two of them together.

jrhboxers that is so funny about your boxer. My DD has a hound mix that is the same way. Wanted nothing to do with puppies but loved the kittens always washed the bottle fed ones after feeding.. Although my fosters were not allowed to run around, he did carry around my kitten, Hobo, he and Moe were best buds. However poor Moe could not understand why when Hobo got to be 17 lbs he no longer wanted to be carried around by his head. LOL