View Single Post
Old 09-22-2011, 12:55 PM
graciemae

I have been given the opportunity to have my quilts and other sewing items (totes, placemats, potholders, christmas items, etc) offered for sale in a consignment shop. The shop has antiques, collectibles, clothing and furniture and has only been open for a few months.

The owner stated she normally receives 50% of consignments but for me she would let me sale my stuff and not charge me a consignment because this would help her out in her store by offering a variety of items, especially since she is just getting started in her businesss. I don't feel confortable with her not charging me anything to have my items in her store. I would like to be fair and give her something. I don't know this lady and just recently met her when she purchased two small quilts from me to resale in her shop.

What would be a fair arrangement for us? Have any of you done this before? I would like to offer her a percentage but don't know how much. I already have a ton of fabric so I would only have invested in my time/labor. Suggestions please. What would you do?