View Single Post
Old 09-22-2011, 01:09 PM
auniqueview

Originally Posted by TacoMama
I don't mean to offend anyone, but here is what I have learned this far in my life. There are some people who think because they are who they are, they are "entitled" to things at a reduced or free price. Some preachers and their wifes fall into that catagory. I have some in my family that are like that and I have others in the same position in my family that would NEVER do that. Some just think they are entitled to get things just because they are who they are. Don't feel like you have to do this for them. They would be offended if they were asked to preach for nothing or a very small fee. Hold to your guns!
I had an aunt who thought nothing of asking for you to make things for her for free. I used to make Swedish Tea Rings, which are delicious, and not cheap, and they do take time and effort. Not only did she enjoy them when she would visit, but she wanted me to make them and SEND them to her across country. Uh, no. Lol. But then, she ALWAYS thought she was a privileged character.

If someone asks you to make something for them, and then offers you a totally ridiculous price, just nicely tell them you are sorry, but the price with materials and labor will be $$$$, and if they are still interested, make arrangements to take them to the store for THEM to purchase the fabrics. Get half down on the labor. Then no one needs to be offended.