Old 09-22-2011, 03:56 PM
Prism99
Power Poster

Originally Posted by QuiltingKrazy
I just got my new no-line bi-focals today. Oh my gosh... I think it going to take some getting used to. I work at my desk all day, can read computer fine without glasses but my close up vision was getting worse. With the new lenses, I can see the computer screen, can see paperwork on my desk, but ONLY if I look straight thru the lense. Having to move my whole head to see in focus is gonna be a learning curve.
I was already thinking maybe I should just get single vision for close up work, like sewing! I'm more concern about being to sew clearly than seeing at work!!!!!
Be sure to take them back if you don't adjust to them. I'm pretty sure progressive lenses come with a 30-day return policy because not everyone is able to adjust to them. I think it is something like 1 out of 5 people do not adapt well to them.

I did not have a problem adjusting to progressives and have worn them for years, but have been really dissatisfied with reading. Think I may still get them, but with the reading portion changed to computer distance (18-24") and just take them off for reading at close distance.

In your case, though, I don't see the need for progressives. I would trade them in for reading glasses. I think you will be happier. The area in progressives that is provided for reading text is too small, in my opinion.