View Single Post
Old 09-22-2011, 04:44 PM
miriam
Power Poster

Originally Posted by QuiltnLady1
I just spent over $100 at the grocery store and realized that nothing I bought could have had coupons. We eat mostly fresh fruit, vegetables, meat, and when I buy stuff it is generally store brands. (DH is diabetic)

I envy the folks who can use coupons, but not much of what I buy qualifies. Is anyone else in the same boat? If you use coupons -- which ones are most useful to you?
They don't do coupons for eggs, cheese, fruit, veggies, oatmeal, raisins, fresh meat from the meat locker.... We do have a Costco card but a lot of their stuff is processed stuff we never would eat. We do a lot of cooking from scratch. I make a big batch of soup and have several meals very quickly. I don't use much beauty products. I used to sew but with so many thrift stores and the clothing so inexpensive, we wear used clothing (No used undies or shoes & socks) Some times I find fabric at the thrift store. Some times I take a hard look at curtains and they become fabric... Even though I work in various stores, I rarely shop. DH teases me. He says he does more shopping than I do. We upcycle/re-purpose when possible. We shop on CL before we go to a store. I use vintage sewing machines and do my own repairs. Go Green!!! We have stayed together and paid off the house. We don't have a huge income and we just aren't good consumers.