View Single Post
Old 09-22-2011, 06:19 PM
Havplenty

okay if you are talking a full time shop then you will have plenty of research to do. there will be lots of costs associated with running it full time including the insurance and overhead costs. plus you will need to know if the area can support your new venture. i have an entrepreneural spirit and have started a coupla businesses myself.

get your plans together, have a back up plan ready, do your research, know what your bottom line is, find your market and work your plan. a local college can help you with you with creating your business plan. the business classes create business plans for class credit. also see if there is a small business incubator program in your area. they offer advice, access to financing, sometimes accounting service help things like that. good luck with it all. l would love to know of your progress.

Originally Posted by Deborah12687
If do this the crafters would be able to keep there items in the building on display and set hours of when I would be open just like a store is run. Each person would have to maintain there own spot and pay a fee for that spot per month.