View Single Post
Old 07-03-2009, 03:57 PM
NorthernDeb

Originally Posted by ai731
Originally Posted by Lacelady
Re diamonds, I forgot to say that when you are trying to tack around the paper, don't bother to try and tuck in the excess on the points. If you leave the little extra bit sticking out, all of those will lay flatter when you join on other patches.
Thanks very much for the link and the tip. It will be my first try at EPP because I'm going away on holiday for a week and want a "by hand" project I can take with me to work on while we're away.

Jan
I have a seven sisters quilt in the works using the diamonds that make a 6 pointed star. These same pieces also do blocks. When I was on a car trip to AZ last year, I stopped at a store to pickup some hand work and found these. For about $6 I got a package of 100 precut diamonds. I also bought a charm pack and found that I could get 3 diamonds from a 5" square. I coordinated all my squares and had a nice little group of stars done when I got home.

I still keep all of these pieces in a travel bag. If Im going to the doctors or to the quilt shop/ guild meeting, I have something very portable to work on. This bag is always waiting by the door to grab on the way out. This may become a lifelong hand project but I'm enjoying it.

This is not mine... but it is close to what I would like to have in the end:
http://www.shop7sisters.com/030c2fa0.jpg
[url]