View Single Post
Old 07-03-2009, 04:22 PM
Barbm

going to pick up 2 machines. 1 looks like a recent posting here for a featherweight. the belt is dry rotted and i don't like the looks of the electrical wire. can i replace the wire without affecting the value of the machine? I offered her $25. I figure if I have to put $100 into repair and cleaning, it's still worth it. It is in cabinet, which i think I would like to have refinished. Will that be OK for value?

Second machine- an industrial Singer in this metal table. lady was a seamstress in a factory. she used it to sew on all the time. i don't really need another machine, but i bought my juki to go on a frame, which i have yet to do. i can put the juki on the frame and use this to piece on. Sound good? she wants $100.

so don't tell anyone- especially her daughter- she has no clue and just wants to get rid of them. new SIL is sworn to secrecy, he's going to go help pick them up and i'll take them to my office until i can get them to the shop.

she also has an old Necchi, but I don't know anything about them. it's in a cabinet too. maybe i can get her to throw it in for free.

also getting 2 nice chairs for me to recover for my office. and- hand loomed rag rugs- holy cow- they are like 8 foot long, for your hall. i'm getting 2 brand new ones, $25 each.

i'll post pics tomorrow.