View Single Post
Old 09-23-2011, 06:50 AM
Quiltlady330

Originally Posted by annthreecats
I'll probably never get a chance to participate in one because we only have two quilting stores in my town and they are both very small, but I would love to know what goes on during a Shop Hop.
I live in a small town, too. Recently 3 other quilters and I planned an overnight trip to a shop hop advertised in the surrounding counties. We went to 14 shops in 2 days and spent the night ($17 apiece) in a motel. Our gasoline share was less than $15 because we used a small car. We organized the route beforehand and visited shops we had never been to. It was wonderful. The shops had really outdone themselves with their samples and displays. We each received a free pattern and at the last shop the completing instructions. We registered at each shop for a gift basket to be given away and also for a grand prize at the end of the Shop Hop. There were no passport chrgs for this hop. Refreshments were available at each shop and oftentimes they were homemade and made the shop smell luscious. It was a great experience. It doesn't have to be out-of-sight expensive. Hope you get to go, too! :-)