Old 09-23-2011, 07:06 AM
hairquilt

I too have totaly become a different quilter since joining this board. Went from quilting by myself to quilting with my DIL (really a bonding time for us)then my excitement rubbed on my DD (whom I have tried to interest her in quilting for years) & now I have 3 stations in my quilting room for us all. What a joy this has become.I really didn't know to starch either.I thought your backing was solid & had to match your front. Now I am making the backs with patterns too!! Had to have a featherweight too that my DD has took over(LOVES it)My DD made me a design board from the boards suggestions & he even bastes my quilts for me now. But then there came spray baste OMG wonderful!No QPolice!After being on the board each day my mind just dwells on what I have just learned & how I can use it for myself. I'm 68 but feel like 30. Thought there was just local Hancocks never knew about online stores & E-Bay1 You can imagine that my world just exploded-horizons expanded-Here I go gushing again! Can't talk about quilting without saying MY QUILT BOARD said to do it this way! Love you guys a lot!!!!Got to go now to my local thrift store to see what I can find. Bless you all!