Old 09-23-2011, 07:55 AM
BoJangles

Originally Posted by Lostn51
Hey kids the Boss is in!! I decided to drop by and see how things are going and see what new machines have been rescued lately. As you all know I am very ill and have a super rare autoimmune system disease called Pemphigus Vulgaris. There are only 300 or so cases of it in the States so I am one of a very few. It can not be cured only the symptoms can be tamed and I will die because of it it just depends when God calls me up. But for now I am going to the doctors tomorrow and we are starting the treatments and hopefully by the end of the year I will be under control and I can get back to doing what I love working on sewing machines!!!

Any how I am going to meander through a few pages and see what all you guys found and I will be back tomorrow to let everyone know what is going on.

Billy
Welcome back Billy! We need the "boss" to keep us towing the line around here! You sound really good - so nice to hear that! Don't give up and don't listen 'too' much to the doom and gloom of the Dr's! They don't know everything! At 17, I was told I would never live to be 30 - I could never work - - I had to take a 2 hr nap everyday - all this by well meaning Dr's! Well, I am well over 30, I was an accountant for years holding a full time job, and I have been very active all my life! A lot of your disease has to do with psychosomatics -- your thoughts can make you worse or better! I was forced to retire in 97 - told again I only had 5 years left! Well, I told those Dr's that I would outlive them! Billy, the bottom line is, keep a really positive attitude! We will all keep praying for you - but, you have to stay positive!

Nancy