View Single Post
Old 09-23-2011, 07:57 AM
GlitzyMe

Originally Posted by sweetpea
I mail a legal size enevlope today with only 5 sheet of copy paper in it. and it cost $1.08. was told that just becaue of the size of the enevlope it will begin at $1.08.
A #10 business size envelope will go for a first class postage stamp with 8 sheets of copy paper. Triple fold and PRESS those seams down to make them flat.

My sister and I send packages back and forth between NH and FL all the time. Amazing what we can fit in flat rate boxes. I have made quilts for her grandchildren for Christmas. I packed them in Space Bags, sucked the air out of them and they were teeny. She will remove them from the bags, fluff in the dryer and wrap them for Christmas.

We used to have a large padded manilla envelope that went back and forth many, many times for 3 years. Each time one of us sent it we added a quote, rubber stamp or some little gem to the outside til it was covered back and front. Got a new postmistress who refused to let it go thru....long before 9/11. Our mail carriers loved seeing how creative we were with it.

And I used to send things thru the mail to my grandchildren in 1 liter clear coke bottles....cut the bottom off, insert the items, hot glue it back together. Not sure if this would be considered legal now even tho you can see the items insde. They were fun things, more for the kids to get mail when they were small.