Old 09-23-2011, 07:57 AM
jljack

[quote=miriam
Sew Classic wants 49cents for the bobbin tire. I figure to refer as many people to her as I can so she will stay in business... I might need something again.[/quote]

Yes, I'm buying a lot of stuff from Jenny because of her knowledge and good prices.

I recently ordered a spring for the thread guide on the bobbin winder of my 1909 66. When it arrived, DH took the thread guide off and tried to replace the broken spring. The new one doesn't fit!! It's too small. I think, maybe she got a bad spring in the bunch. We measure both springs and find the new one is 1/16" smaller than the original. I e-mailed her, including pictures, and we discover that my early 66 had a weird bobbin winder....no spring she has will fit it. :cry: So, I'm kinda stuck with a non-operational bobbin winder right now...all I could do is to possibly guide the thread guide with my finger. I'll have to try that.

Anyway...point being, Jenny was personally very helpful and so thorough...she went back into her parts storage and looked at a bunch of the springs to be sure that mine wasn't a variant. Good customer service!! :-)