View Single Post
Old 09-23-2011, 10:18 AM
Thusnelda

Originally Posted by Favorite Fabrics
Originally Posted by Thusnelda

Yep, and it always arrives safely. I've ordered with you. Works like a dream.

But while we're talking of packaging one piece of advice or question:

Could you please put the shipping costs on the outside of the package, too, together with the value of the fabric? Apparently taxes are also due on shipping and handling. Because they had to open the package I had to pay heavy - and I mean heavy* - tax fees on the last package I received.

*It was like 30$ of tax fee for 70$ of fabric, mainly because they had to open the package to find out the costs for postage and handling.

I will make sure to ask you to do that with my next order. For now, thank you for the perfect service I've received so far.
I see you're in Switzerland! I just looked to see if there was any information available for individuals in Switzerland who buy goods online and to my delight found that the official website can be read in four languages (including English)! :thumbup: :thumbup:

Here is a link to the page that discusses this issue:
http://www.ezv.admin.ch/zollinfo_pri...x.html?lang=en

I read it through twice, and it seems duty is charged based upon the weight of the package, and then VAT is added as well. On that page it also says, "However, alcoholic drinks, tobacco products, food and textiles are subject to higher duty rates. "

It didn't mention anything at all about shipping or freight costs being included or excluded from the calculation of the VAT, so I'm really not sure what happens on the receiving end.

I do know that in the UK, customers get taxed on both the goods AND the shipping charges.

I'd be interested to know how other countries handle this.
Wow, many thanks! I will certainly follow up on the information supplied by you once I'm back from my business trip.

Thank you! You offer terrific service!