View Single Post
Old 09-23-2011, 12:00 PM
dianalee

I worked in a quilt shop and almost everyday someone would ask for a discount because they were making a project for charity. My boss said that she would put them on her mailing list to let them know about sales. (Now it would be e-mail addresses) Yes, some customers got huffy. When I asked my boss about it she explained that it was THEIR charity...not hers. She was there to make a living and support her family.
People would come in and ask her if that was all the buttons she had. It was a $40,000 inventory! I sure learned a lot about customers expectations.
Most customers are great. Some you really should not do business with. Even a pastor's wife can be disgruntled and spread an unkind word. She should buy the pattern and figure it out or take a class. You would be giving her the opportunity to be creative. (Proverbs) To ease your conscience, you could offer to quilt it (a table runner) for the $12.00...maybe. With material costing $10.50 a yard now.....Ouch!
Very Sweet may be passive-aggressive or clueless. Either way...Watch out. That said...You ask the Lord for things in prayer and he always answers. Sometimes he says NO. If the Lord can say no....so can we. Reminds me of a local woman who does masterpiece work and wanted me to machine quilt her quilt for her. I told her I could never do a good enough job or justice to that quilt. Instead of being understanding and complimented, she told me that I better get off my high horse. That only confirmed my decision not to quilt it or do business with her. If she complained in a guild of which she was the founder and member of several; I'm sure there are others who would understand and not touch her quilts either. If I did quilt it and it wasn't up to her standards...can you imagine????