Old 09-23-2011, 03:14 PM
gramajo

My LQS had a BOM, with 4 blocks a month. I love the Elm Creek novels, so of course, I had to sign up. We did not do all the blocks as it was determined that some were too difficult for some of us more inexperienced quilters--me included :-) . We did 84 plus a couple extra to learn applique.

I wanted to set mine on point. DD played with layout for me on EQ & this is how it ended up with 82 blocks on the front. I wanted a list of what blocks were placed where, so DD again came to the rescue designing for me & printing on Printed Treasures. The label, extra blocks & block layout page were used on the back.

Some of the blocks were a real challenge for me, but I learned so much & became a better quilter in the process. I never would have attempted the Sampler on my own. Choosing fabrics would have driven DD nuts listening to me tryin to decide :lol: . The blocks were given to us in order from easy to more difficult--a great way to learn & not get discouraged by the harder ones.

I've pretty happy with the way "I Envy Sylvia" turned out.

Now, I hope I can attach the pictures. If I can't, I'll have DD do it the next time she's over--probably next weekend.

:thumbup: Yeah, I did it--1st time posting a picture.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-261294.jpe   attachment-261295.jpe