Old 09-23-2011, 04:50 PM
Katia

Over a year ago I bought a blu ray player that is also supposed to be internet capable and wireless. We set it all up and it would not connect to our network. I asked my service provider if he knew what I was doing wrong and he laughed and said it was because he had blocked Netflix and all that stuff because it pulled down the system. Great, just great. So I finally got around to switching to a faster internet company and have really enjoyed that.

Last week I decided to connect to the new system and it wouldn't do it. I just kept going in a loop. I tried to figure it out online, but got nowhere. So I did the online chat thing and he had me do a bunch of shutting it off and on, etc, with no results. Then he wanted me to change some stuff in the IP address part, whatever that is. I am running back and forth from the computer to the living room, but dummy me, I was not getting to the right screen. So he suggested I call a guy on the phone that would help.

So I did and a very nice man in North Dakota walked me through the process, and was patient while I put a bunch of numbers in the right places. Then Voila ! It worked !!

I am so excited. I can now watch more movies on tv, also have Pandora Radio. How cool is that?

I have a love/hate relationship with electronics and computer type stuff. I want to just plug them in or turn them on and go with it. All this other stuff drives me crazy. I have an iPhone and guess what I use it for? A phone, just a phone most of the time. I don't have any music on it, and very few aps. The ones I do have were put there by my grandson. I guess I do find the map part pretty handy, although it has sent me on several wild goose chases.

I did buy one of those quilting calculators. I turned it on, looked at all the numbers and stuff, rolled my eyes and threw it in a drawer. I do intend to figure it out someday, but it will be obsolete by the time I get around to it.

Any one else have this problem?