View Single Post
Old 09-23-2011, 06:29 PM
PJisChaos

I have been away from the boards for the last few months and boy, have I missed ya'll!!
I was asked to make a quilt for a new baby girl, in pink and black. They said I could use whatever design I wanted and any variation on the 2 colors. I wanted to do a TATW, but that seemed boring and overdone, to me. So, I went with a TATW-Twister style. Let's just say that I am burnt out on this design for a good while now. The starter quilt was ginormous, and took almost 2 weeks to cut up and sew back together. The quilt turned out beautifully and the parents loved my gift so much, they donated some money to me for my time. I even made a matching wall-hanging with the baby's name and birthdate on it out of the leftover fabs. I used 3D pinwheels on it to loosely carry the theme over.

And my son swore I couldn't pull it off, that color scheme he said was an awful choice for a baby/child! PFFFFFTTT, I say. ^_^

The starter quilt, in-progress
[ATTACH=CONFIG]261430[/ATTACH]

Finished and it came out bit bigger than toddler-bed sized
[ATTACH=CONFIG]261431[/ATTACH]

The matching wall hanging
[ATTACH=CONFIG]261432[/ATTACH]

The backing I used, it is for a girl, afterall
[ATTACH=CONFIG]261433[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-261377.jpe   attachment-261378.jpe   attachment-261379.jpe   attachment-261380.jpe