View Single Post
Old 09-24-2011, 04:09 AM
Maggiem

Originally Posted by Holice
Guess I read this differently than most. I read this as describing every teacher's nightmare - the student who arrives late and distrubs the rhythm of the class; not prepared with supplies needed and with a negative attitude that she won't learn anything.....In a 3 hr class I don't have time to deal with a situation such as this. There are x number of other students who did come excited, well prepared and well in time to allow the class to start on time. If the student had taken a class from the teacher described and didn't learn anything perhaps she should'nt sign up again.
My point is defending the teacher....the only thing said above was

"she seemed disturbed and said "more than 1"? What would you have said. Now the statement about "having something against her", doesn't give any definitive info so we don't know what was said.

I read this as a self confession and a reminder to the rest of us to: arrive on time and prepared with supplies required and with a positive attitude.

and one more point.....we teachers are not the quilt police we are learned instructors , considerate and respectful guides of the craft you love.

I'm not sure I understand the meaning of the post. Will someone enlighten us
Holice, I agree with you. I don't see any QP lurking in the original poster's story...