View Single Post
Old 07-04-2009, 08:22 AM
Esqmommy

Originally Posted by Quiltgranny
Originally Posted by PatriceJ
if it's on consignment, and they get a percentage, then the higher the price they get for it, the more you make, too.

maybe, after having time to look at it more closely or after hearing some comments from customers cruising the store, they decided it was worth more than the original estimate. that could be a good thing.
That didn't work with a previous item I sold there. I wanted 'x', they sold it for double 'x', which was 100% commission. They felt I got what I wanted out of it... Obviously, they got a LOT more than the stated commission. I'm still a bit annoyed about that deal.
Your contract with them should give you a set percentage of the sales price. In other words, they get say, 30% of the sales price, then if it sells for $100, you get $70 and they get $30. If they are buying it from you with the intent to resell it, then you can negotiate your price and not sorry about what they sell it for. you mentioned you like them and they weren't being dishonest, but if you're not getting a percentage, then I think there's problem. Although I am a lawyer, and by nature, I tend to sniff out problems...