Old 07-04-2009, 08:29 AM
Rhonda
Power Poster

Here is one of my projects I am working on for a back order. My version of the bear's paw done with the cut down method

The one on the top right is the pieced top done. It is 4 1/2" square. The one on the top left is the paws done of course and I use swatches for the sashing. Just haven't figured out what I want for the last sash and the center yet. The last one is a paw in progress. I use 1" hst's and swatches for the palm part and the light in the corner. I use to get so frustrated because when I cut to size before I put them together sometimes the paws would not be the same size and it was impossible to sew them straight across from each other. So I figured out if I wait and trim them then they will be the same size every time. So that is how I do it now.

The smallest Bear's Paw I have ever done I think is 2 - 2 1/2" square unfinished. I cut the 1" to 1/2" before and use a 1/8" seam--this was done by hand not! on the machine. I like to challenge myself sometimes. I get bored what can I say!!
Attached Thumbnails attachment-18669.jpe   attachment-18674.jpe   attachment-18676.jpe