View Single Post
Old 09-24-2011, 09:49 AM
wvdek

I'm afraid as a full time student (at 56), I have experienced many a student coming in late, not having pen/paper/ruler/or worse, book. Very disruptive to the whole class.
You state you were the only student. Around here, class isn't held unless they have a minimum amount of students.
You state you were in a hurry. Did you not do preplanning days before and gather the appropriate supplies? I have a class in October and could walk out the door in 15 minutes today with everything I need if necessary as I have already gathered together everything I need.
Please understand, I was not alway's this way. I had to work at making sure I didn't procrastinate, wasn't late, had the supplies I needed, and not to depend on, interrupt others, inconvenience the teacher, etc. It has been a long journey but I received a wonderful comment from my DH friend the other day. He said I was the most organized women he knew!
Take all the comments on here, weigh them, find where you could make changes, and move forward. Don't dwell on it but change your behavior since you cannot change anyone elses.