View Single Post
Old 09-24-2011, 12:12 PM
Tropical

I have been reading about the healthy benefits of some vegetables. I decided that more fresh vegetables couldn't hurt. I decided that pumpkin would be added to our menus. Since I couldn't find canned 100% pure pumpkin w/o sugar and spices, I bought a pie pumpkin and peeled and boiled it. It was very good. So I tried roasted pumpkin - so much better. My DH said it is better than squash (we both love squash.) I bought two more pumpkins since pie ones are small and they keep well.

Then I decided to saute some radishes which I love and DH doesn't. Raw veggies are my favorite, but they hurt my stomach. DH loved the cooked radishes, too. They don't hurt my stomach. :)

Yesterday, I roasted a sweet potato, carrots, and a baking baking potato all mixed together and coated with olive oil. I put them in a foil lined pan so I wouldn't have to wash the pan later. I left the pan uncovered so the veggies would brown a little.

Then I sauteed egg plant, zucchini, fresh white mushrooms, leeks, radishes and a little bit of fresh jalepeno pepper. I added a dash of hot pepper flakes, sea salt, paprika and black pepper. When all were done, I served them together in one dish. Then I added sauteed cauliflower on the side. The vegetables were so tasty it was very hard to stop eating them. My DH like them so much he offered to wash the dishes to give me a break. He always dries them. He's a sweetheart. :)

We have always eaten a lot of vegetables and now that I roast them, we will be eating them a lot more. :) I will keep trying different vegetable combinations. :)

I posted this because it turned out so great for us, that I thought someone else might want to try roasted vegetables if they haven't already. Don't forget the pumpkin. :)