View Single Post
Old 09-24-2011, 02:44 PM
Ramona Byrd

Originally Posted by magpie
Watch "Are you smarter than a fifth grader" sometime. You'll be picking your jaw up off the floor. I don't know all the answers, but some they miss amaze me. It's scary.
--------------------------
Somewhere I have a graduation from the 8th grade questions and answers. At that time, 1877 or so, this testing took almost a whole day to finish, and some of the stuff, well, MOST if not all the stuff asked then none of the high school kids could answer, and the teachers just looked bewildered. I'm going to try to find that again, since I'm still de-cluttering!
Went to a blood drive at a local high school and remembered from last year seeing a notice beside the door where I was standing. It said, plainly and clearly...NO REENTRY. USE OTHER DOOR.

I noticed a couple of teen boys standing there at that time, carefully mouthing the words. Finally one of them said "I think it means we can't come back in this door." And watching them was a teacher, just shaking his head. And this year there was a new sign...EXIT ONLY. NO RETURNING THROUGH THIS DOOR.

Isn't that sad?