View Single Post
Old 09-24-2011, 06:30 PM
arimuse

now, I replied to a topic about a rude show attendant, and a lot of people said well, its a small issue. It is and it isnt. You certainly can't take it to heart, but you have to address it, here's why.
Anyone behind you who did not carry the flyer and doesn't have money for an extra ticket they were not expecting to pay will have problems so it isnt just about you, people, volunteers will get the idea they actually run things when they don't and may give out misinformation, and there may even be someone who knows the price and is skimming the door.

So, squash. last week I went and bought a few things at a local grocery. It rang to 30$ and on the way to the car I just couldnt get over the cost - I was sure I didnt buy that much. I checked the bill and they charged me 10$ over on a fresh butternut squash! and, it was on sale by a 1$ off a pound!!

The checker who rang me was busy so I went to the desk. I showed the bill, the squash (it was a small one)- the girl just looked at me, I said, excuse me, but this is only a squash, not a doubloon, and its on sale for 69C a pound and this is not a 15 pound squash.
she looked over to the checker, at which point I very calmly said in a low voice, the checker didnt miss ring this, the machine weighs it on the scan, so her machine is broken (she really should have caught that ring!) or the computer is not set right for the price.

she cleared my charge, and tried to ring it - still ringing up wrong. she called another clerk over (it really helps that PT, 17 year old HS kids are doing this job!) they ring it again - she says but thats the code it has on it. I slowly said call the produce mgr and tell him he has the wrong codes on his squash, and I stood there until they got someone from produce. And I wouldnt leave until he showed . Because, where I live, most people, if they have jobs, make no more than 10$ an hr and
this squash was on sale all week. If you dont check your bill after spending 100$ or more on groceries you dont need to be giving a store 10$ on a bill cus you thought you got a deal feeding your family fresh veggies - thats why it matters, its not just that it matters to me, it matters to all of us.

you could always go back, but with gas so high, driving back in for the correction throws it away on the gas to come and go sharet