Old 09-24-2011, 06:48 PM
Annaleehunter

Originally Posted by miriam
Originally Posted by TxHoneybee
Hi! I am a true newbie from San Antonio, Tx. I have been admiring quilts that others have made for quite some time. And though I only own one, I've been wanting to learn how to make my own for years. Now as I draw closer to retirement, I find that I really want to learn how now. I hope this doesn't sound insane though...I need to learn how to sew first! I hope my years as a microbiologist will help me in the details! If anyone can help with suggestions of how I should start, I would appreciate it. In fact, if there are threads I should read that would help please share with me. Oh, do y'all think my basic singer sewing machine, 5838c, can get me started or should I start saving for a much better sewing machine? Thanks ladies!
Welcome from Indianapolis, IN. I know you are kind of old to join but you might look around for a 4H group to "help" or you could just go to your county agent office and buy a 4H beginner sewing project manual. Sounds dumb but they really do cover the basics and have good instructions.
Great Idea! Never thought about that!