View Single Post
Old 09-25-2011, 04:56 AM
arimuse

good for you! geez try and help people! I cashiered while in college and if the register was short it came out of my PT pay!
It was really nice of you to try and get them to fix it. I think people just dont ever want to accept they make mistakes, esp with money.

I always recount my money in front of the teller in a bank, too, when they hand me cash. I remember cashing my paycheck (this was in the early 70s), grocery shopping, and getting a call at home from the bank at 9 PM that same friday nite, and they insisted, when they cashed up that afternoon they were 100$ short and they tracked it down to my transaction! well,let me tell you! I was only cashing a 135$ paycheck! my husband and I counted all the money leftover from paying for groceries and paying bills and had reciepts and everything - I KNEW I didnt take any extra money let alone 100$ more! I was so insulted. They left it as they thought it was me but they would recount, again! I had a savings account, checking account and mortgage with them! Starting next week I recounted my cash at the window and have at every bank Ive used since! sharet