Old 09-25-2011, 06:50 AM
Charlee

Originally Posted by jackkip
Originally Posted by vintagemotif
Originally Posted by jackkip
Hi everyone. I need a little help. I am in the market for a restored Treadle machine. I have the cabinet. Last year I purchased a machine and cabinet. I had plans on restoring both pieces. Well, let's just say I did better on the cabinet than I did the machine. It is still in pieces and my hubby has given up on me ever putting it back together. Today he told me, "just go and buy a machine that is already done". So now my mission is to find the perfect treadle machine. Any suggestions on where to start? Thanks in advance :D
So hubby has given up on you ever putting it back together, but could hubby be of help by helping you put the machine back together....two heads are better than one sometimes.

You didn't tell us what you own now: the cabinet and the machine that needs to be reassembled.

If it is a Singer 66, 99, 15, or 201, this site may be of help to you in reassembling the machine.

http://www.tfsr.org/publications/tec...achine_manual/
It is a very plain looking singer 66. My dream machine would be one with the egyptian decals. I am not really stuck on any certain model, since I haven't really sewn on any older machines. I guess you could say I am into the looks :roll:

I did find a lotus 66 on CL. But the lady wants 225 for the machine and cabinet. I think it is way to much. I would rather pay that much for a machine head that is really good working order.

As far as getting the one back together. I am very bad about starting a project and never finishing. I tend to get bored. I know I should probably try again.
Yes, you should put it back together! ;) You have a great "user" there! That being said, I have a White machine that will never be "together" again. She's going to be a parts machine because I just don't have the patience, and she's too rusty anyway.
Watch for another 66. Haunt the antique stores and thrift stores. There's a brown lotus here in town that they want $45 for (I think that's what it was anyway), no cabinet, no attachments, just the machine. Decals are in so-so shape. I'd pick it up for you if you wanted me to... it's also a 66....I have no real idea if it works or not...I'd check that out first.