Old 09-25-2011, 08:03 AM
Havplenty

there are so many great blocks to make and i haven't seen them all nor can i know of all of them plus i don't want to limit myself to only the blocks that i am familiar with. so for me, i would prefer that the block maker use their creativity in making a block from the fabrics i send. i do ask that the block maker use quality fabrics that will hold up to use and that my returned blocks are 12.5".

proper cutting and sewing a 1/4" seam are key to creating an accurate 12.5" block. if you do not have a 1/4" sewing foot you can mark off a 1/4" seam on your plate with blue painter's tape (easy to remove) or use a pack of post it notes (creates a blocker & easily removed) at the 1/4" seam mark. these are just some tips to help get the right seam allowance.

it is easier to square up a block to 12.5" than it is to fix one that is less than 12.5".

Originally Posted by dotcomdtcm
How about if everyone types up a brief statement telling us about yourself, your favorite style/blocks, colors, etc. It is nice to make a block with a person in mind. Cheers, Dotty