Old 09-25-2011, 09:04 AM
ckcowl
Power Poster

good selection- sales- and most importantly is shipping policies...if the shipping is going to cost me 2-3 yards of fabric- i'm not shopping there.
as for selection- if i can find the same fabric locally i'm not ordering on line- unless it is a better deal-after shipping is added- i'm not going to pay $8.95 a yard- then $7.95 shipping for something i can get for $9.50 here.
i really look for shops that offer a selection of fabrics i can not find locally (a variety) and shops that offer free shipping if you purchase $35- $50 ... the ones who only offer free if you spend $200 is not getting my business either-
i can usually find $50+ to spend---$200 is being ridiculous
i like places that at least offer (actual cost) shipping too- instead of a flat amount based on $$ amount- if i order a package of needles, a spool of thread, and a pattern and the shop wants to charge me $8.95+ for shipping- i'm canceling that order. i think shipping should be charged by weight/packaging---just like the usps, or ups charges---not by $$ amount spent....i fell for that once---ordered 4 packages of needles- thats it---they were $12 a pack---so $48 they came in a first class envelope- i was charged $7.95 shipping! i will never fall for that again! i really thought they would adjust the shipping by the package.