View Single Post
Old 09-25-2011, 11:33 AM
BarbaraSue

this is particularly for FroggyinTexas, but also for us all.
I was on vacation last week, had sewn what I brought with me too soon, so I went to the local LQS. I have been there every year, and love the store and personel. I bought a kit for a lap size quilt with repro Civil war fabrics.
Well, I started it and cut the wrong fabric for the background and didn't have enough to do with it either what it should have been, or what I was trying to do. so another trip to the LQS. The owner remembered me from the other day, and I showed her what I needed. the store was out of that particular fabric, but I found a substitue that worked. I asked for more than I needed (in case I cut wrong again). She said, It's $9.75 a yard (I bought 1 yd), so if you give me a $10; I'lll call it even. She was out some for the tax, but it was ok for her. No, it wasn't a big savings, but she didn't have to anything of the sort.
I think Quilt store owners would give you a deal Walmart and others wouldn't dream of. So, I'm thankful for nice, and thoughtful quilt store owners that really are around us. Thank You, Hazelhurst Wisconsin!! wooHoo! :thumbup: