View Single Post
Old 09-25-2011, 01:43 PM
margecam52

Was in dental office. I had already paid the $75.00 the girl said was my fee for a first visit. I paid her in cash..counted it out to her..$50.00, $20.00, and a $5.00 bill..fifty, seventy, seventy-five dollars...she then took those bills, and added them on calculator before printing me a reciept.
I figured she was having to record the amount on the calculator tape for the bookkeeper.
After my visit, which included an extra xray..girl says.."Your total came to $76.48, and you need to give me...."...uses the calculator again..."$1.48."
I asked her if she really needed to use a calculator to figure that out...yep she did, was her answer. OK then...I gave her two one dollar bills...she gives me back 48 cents...after hesitating over that change drawer several minutes...after she dropped the change in my hand...I laid it out on the counter..."Is this right?"...she said yes... I said.."You owe me 4 cents...I would not have said a word, but she clearly was not able to make simple cash transactions without a calculator.
I was waiting during this transaction, for my hubby to nudge me to just leave well enough alone...but he didn't...when we got out the door...he started on the change jokes..."Hon, what's 1.00 minus 48 cents?"...maybe you should have given her a dollar and she may have given you change...lol...
We get to Walmart...all through the store, he's asking prices, and what he will have left after he pays with a dollar...he was as amazed as I was that a grown woman could not do simple math...hope she's not the bookkeeper there.