View Single Post
Old 09-25-2011, 04:17 PM
Evie

Originally Posted by shelrox
Originally Posted by Havplenty
i just want to say that i have gone through two of my stamp packages today and there were several that were cut less the 1.5" in both. i am up to 20 squares so far between the two packages that are cut less than 1.5" which is far too many in my opinion. i used a regular seam gauge to measure the squares.

i usually cut my stamps a little bit larger than 1.5" to make sure the receivers can have a true 1.5" square. i am aware that we may all use different methods to cut our squares, i am just asking that we take a bit more time to make sure the squares are 1.5". while a couple of "short" squares may make it into the baggies, 20 of 100 squares are too many imho.

I agree with you on this one as well HAv, I went back through mine and had at least 12 that were to short. hen there are the wonky ones that dont square up and to recut them they will only be about 1 1/8 " .. I am getting disappointed with swaps lately, I dont blame the hostess for they are not responsible for packages like these in this swap.

Wish all particiapints would take a little extra time making their swap items. I try to do my best and if I wont use it then I wont pass it along. So let sall try to make it better next ti,e around....
Well, I wasn't going to "complain" because I thought out of 1000 stamps the dozen or so unusable ones weren't too bad. But since you opened the subject: I too found at least a half dozen that didn't measure up, some were cut wonky, and several included the selvedges, which makes them also unusable. I'm pretty sure mine were OK, but if they weren't, please let me know!